Friday, January 18, 2008

My sweet and loving daughter

It was the first time that I went to my daughter's school to get her report card. First time because it was my husband who always have the time to do it. And it was the first time that I cried in front of my daughter's very nice teacher Karen. I cried for several reasons.

First, my daughter excels in school and that is something that a parent is proud of. It was tears of joy. Second, I cried because despite my being busy and not having ample quality time with her, she did great in school. I want to slap myself in the face for not giving her the time that she deserves. For not being with her during school activities. It was always the "yaya" that accompanies her in the important events of my daughter's life. It was tears of both anger and self-pity. Third, the teacher said that my daughter is a very nice and sweet child. At home, she always get a spank for not listening to me, for being hard-headed. The teacher said it might be sibling rivalry. I cried because I realized that I'm not acting the right way I should towards my daughter. I cried even harder because I love her and I know that I am wrong. She needs me in every moment of her life. She needs my understanding. She needs my love. She needs my attention.

I said to myself, from this day onwards, I will be with her in the important moments of her life. I will be more patient with her. Be more loving. After all, they are the source of my joy and energy and I know that someday, my daughter will be proud of me for being such a great mom!

No comments:

INQUIRER.net Breaking News

Breakingnews Infotech RSS Feed

Showbizandstyle Sim RSS Feed